Made in Heaven, for Heaven!


Whoever coined the phrase ‘mother in laws from hell’, clearly hadn’t met my Mum Ina.
God gifted me with the best mum in love any daughter in law could live for, die for, kill for
Mum Ina, must have been made in heaven!

Mum, when God thought of and moulded you,
He surely must have patted himself at the back for a job well done.
Your killer heart-warming smile was sunshine
Your heart was pure solid gold
Your eyes shining stars
An always blooming red rose in the wild
And that’s the way it has and will always be!

I will always be spoilt for choice…of the many fond memories of you Mum
Which I will relive now in love and nostalgia
The innumerable interactions from start to end
I feel priviledged to have met you, known you, lived with you and adored you
As a loving mum, as a friend, as a doting grandmother to Imani and Imara
Your light will always shine so brightly!

A modern day living miracle, you were
Defying all odds, surpassing all known expectations
Modern medicine gave you six months to live
You called it a bluff for four years
Several times you gave a scare but that is as far as it went
You always went back to being the Ina that all knew
It is no wonder that I never even for a moment saw it coming

I will always feel honoured that our house was your chosen second home
Shushu’s bedroom (and sofa) have been vacant for one month
But they still remain Shushu’s
It was a very painful and sad moment when your body was no longer on our side of the world
The tears I shed since I could no longer hold you, hug you, insist on you taking two spoons of your favorite matoke and uji, physically savour your great love and kindness
But in my heart, I was and still is at peace
You had successfully completed and exceeded your assignment on earth.

If there is a heaven, Mum Ina, I am certain you are already there
When you peacefully closed your eyes on that dark Saturday morning, you soared to the heavens
If roses grow in heaven,
Dear Lord, please pick a bunch for me,
Place them in Mum Ina’s arms
And tell her they are from me.
Tell her I love her very much, and miss her terribly already

Continue Resting in Heaven's Eternal Bliss Mum Ina!

Comments